Cloister of Saint Andrea
The Saint Andrea Saint Andrew Cloister was placed in its present location in 1922, read more
after that, for almost twenty years - and removed - was lying abandoned in Saint Agostino Church.
Disassembly was made in 1905, when the demolition of Saint Andrea della Porta's monastery was over, read more
monumental complex of medieval origin in which the cloister had been built
half of the twelfth century.
The cloister was the only architectural structure to be saved at the time of demolition.
The monastery was built not far from the present location of the cloister, on
a hill which occupied the area that now is between
the route of Via Dante, and a part of
Piazza de Ferrari
and people accessed it through a path which, starting from the door, climbed up the wall.